Friday, August 27, 2010



I know that I should probably start off by telling you what this site is all about, but I'm going to leave it a surprise for now. Let's pretend that a penny is like an idea. I've got my pockets full of pennies and they're just jingling around in there all day, but I don't want to spend them yet. This is why I'll be saving them for a little while until the time is right.
What I will offer you is a little information about myself. I'm a small town boy living in
Winnipeg. It's a great city, if you can avoid certain areas, especially at night. I do miss that small town feeling though. I enjoyed going down to Main St. and having everyone say "Hi" when you walk by them. Even if you didn't know them, everyone was just so polite.
I've found myself very fortunate living here. I moved here about 11 years ago with my girlfriend who is now my wife and the mother to my 7 month old daughter, Farrah. Although all of my family is back in Alberta, my wife's mother, father, and sister all reside in Winnipeg. Most people would hate having the in-laws so close all of the time, but we're very good friends with each other, plus it's nice to have babysitters...on call.
Since I've been here, I've had several jobs. I've done things such as scoreboard repair, auto-detailing, and custom cabinetry, but now work as a Lab Tech. As much as I love my job, I still have a secret urge every spring to apply as a Grounds Keeper at a golf course. There's really something to be said about cutting the greens at 6am while drinking a cup of hot coffee and knowing that the smell of fresh cut grass is going to be in your nostrils for the rest of the day. I guess I'll have to wait until I retire and need a job to keep me occupied.
This is just a tiny bit of who I am, but I hope that you check back soon to see future posts about me and my family and what Pennies To A Dream will be about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.