Monday, September 20, 2010

Trading Has Started

It took a long time to get a couple of trades under my belt, but this past weekend was eventful and the outlook is very promising.  My wife, daughter, and I made our way out to Starbuck, MB on Saturday to meet with Alicia, who was the first to offer up a trade for "My Penny (1978)".  At first, the offer was a new pair of baby boy's shoes size 2, but through careful decision making, I was a little hesitant to trade for clothing...of any kind.  We discussed it for a while through emails sent during the week and came up with a solution offer.
  A talking pen!  That's perfect.  A pen was the first trade item in Kyle's journey, too.  I thought....Definitely!!!  
Although, I looked on the map to find the directions to Starbuck, I still managed to take the "long" way.  That's the only way I can say "got lost" without feeling too stupid.  We weren't too late for the meet-up, but I still felt a little guilty for missing the initial turn.  






While arranging a time to meet for the first trade, another email rolled in.  This time for "Michelle's Penny (1982)".  I already had a pretty busy Saturday planned, so I had to arrange for a Sunday meet-up.  This went well, too.  Marie-Claire offered up a couple of records for the 1982 penny, because 1982 was a great year for her.  The trade was originally supposed to be for only one record, but she was nice enough to throw in a second, making the next trade a "package" deal.  The Bowie record is amazing as it has a few of his greatest hits from the 1970's.  Vinyl records are great and if you have a record player, you know as well as I do that they provide such a memorable and great sound while listening to them.  





Thank you so much, Alicia and Marie-Claire for the support and the belief that this experiment can actually do well.  If the word gets out, anything is possible.  These items can be seen by clicking on the page links to each penny at the top of the page.  Offers for either of these can be emailed to me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.