Sunday, October 31, 2010

An Offer He Can't Refuse

Kyle, from the original oneredpaperclip project, is at it again.  On Oct. 30/2010, he published a post on his blog that he now has 3 signed copies of his book, oneredpaperclip that he has put up for trade.  PTAD, being a true believer in Kyle and his original journey, has decided to make Kyle an offer.  Hopefully, one that he can't refuse.  I offered him an original, and rare, copy of
Nickelback's cd, Hesher.  This cd was the first one that they released after they changed their name from Village Idiot to Nickelback.  I grew up in the same town as Chad, and this cd quickly reached #1 in my top favorite cd's that I loved when I was younger.  It's still a good cd.  This is a very special cd.  Chad might not realize this, but this cd shows his rawest talent and marks a starting point in his road to his stardom.  This was, and probably always will be, my favorite Nickelback cd.  It's amazing what a guy from a small town can accomplish.  Chad, you kick ass.  I had a buddy once say that Nickelback is a "one hit wonder".   I replied, "Yeah, one hit after another...I wonder why?!?!?"   #1 cd in my books.

1. "Where?"   4:27
2. "Window Shopper"   3:42
3. "Fly"   2:53
4. "Truck"   3:51
5. "Left"   4:03
6. "In Front Of Me"   5:32
7. "D.C."   4:46

     ***Update***  I've changed my offer to Kyle.  I'm still offering the Hesher cd for a signed copy of his book which is a person choice made by me, as Curt, not as PTAD.  When I initially made the offer, I had also asked that part of the deal was to also make a trade with PTAD for one of the current items available.  It was brought to my attention that that might have come across as a little bit "needy" to make a trade.  PTAD, in no way, wants to force anyone to trade.  That is up to the individuals looking at the items.  At the time that I made the offer, I felt that it would be a neat idea that I'd be helping Kyle's journey and at the same time he'd be helping mine.  But, that decision should really be left up to Kyle to make.  He does sound interested by the initial offer, though.  I'll keep you all posted as to any further developments in my offer to Kyle and also any future trades with PTAD.  Hope you all had a frighteningly scary Halloween.  Check back in the next couple of days to see Farrah in both of her costumes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.