Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Christmas Spirit

     Well, it’s officially winter.  I was really hoping that we weren’t going to get any snow until Christmas Eve, but I guess that was just wishful thinking.  Not only did we get snow…we got a huge dump of snow.  The streets were horrible, which made driving extremely slow and difficult with my Aveo.  That poor car has pizza cutters for tires and is so light I could probably just lift it out if I got stuck.  lol  But…we made it through last winter with it, so I’m sure if I take it easy, it’ll make it through this winter season too.

     I’ve noticed that a lot more people around Winnipeg are setting up early for Christmas.  I wasn’t really into Christmas, yet, because there wasn’t any snow, but now….I guess I’m going to have to dig out the boxes from the outdoor storage.  I should have done that when it was warmer, now, I have to take out ALL of the boxes just to get to my winter coat and Christmas tree.  Brrrrrr   
     We went to the mall today to let Farrah meet Santa.  She was so good!  Usually, she doesn’t like people with full beards, so I was a little nervous that she was going to act out and have a horrible Christmas photo, but she was in awe with all of the decorations and Santa’s big red suit.  The photographer was great too.  You could really tell he has a way of making kids smile and laugh.  The feeling of Christmas was all through the mall, with holiday music playing from each store and a 6 man Acappella group belting out amazing harmonies of well known songs.  It was nice.  It really started to bring the Christmas spirit to me.  I can definitely say that I’m feeling Christmassy now.  Maybe I’ll even hang the lights tomorrow and start getting ready to set up the tree.  Christmas is such an awesome time.  You just have to try to finish the shopping early so that you can avoid the heavy mall traffic.  Although, judging by the people at the mall this, and last, weekend…everyone is trying to finish their shopping early this year.  Plus, that heavy dump of snow we just got doesn’t help matters much. 
IMG_0245-1
     Sorry about the blurriness in Farrah’s photo, I had to take a picture of the picture and try to fix it up.  We didn’t get a digital copy of the photo.  I guess I could open the All in one printer, but that would probably hurt the next trade.  :)  So, for now, this will have to do.  Anyways, I hope that everyone is starting to feel the Christmas spirit and remembers that Christmas is more about what give than what you receive.  Stay warm, Winnipeg.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.